This was a very interesting year with an unpleasant mix of good and bad things. For one I haven’t quite gotten the habit of blogging properly. I’ve only done 8 posts for the entire year!
- I still hold the same job title but I am able to shape it into a role that I want to be
- Attended no conferences this year
- Completed Alteryx Designer Certification
- According to my fitbit data my progress has been somewhat steady. In the beginning of December I started the 21 day challenge and look at that nose dive! Quite frankly I was doing really well at the end, I need to keep up that momentum. During the 21 day challenge, I lost 5 pounds and 1% of body fat (I finished at 161 lbs and 19.0% body fat)! I did put the weight back on for Christmas but nevermind that…
- Did not do any 5k’s this year
- I did the CrossFit Open this year and I did all except the first workout Rx!
Right now it’s:
- Niall Horan – Too Much To Ask
- NF – Let You Down
- Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
- Above & Beyond – Northern Soul (feat. Richard Bedford)
- Selena Gomez – Wolves (feat. Marshmello)
- Marshmello – Silence (feat. Khalid)
Ok, I really dropped the ball on the movie department this year… But here is what I really enjoyed:
- Thor: Ragnarock
- Wonder Woman
Movies I missed: Murder on the Orient Express, Justice League, Star Wars: The Last Jedi
I finally started my own company!
Dad passed away this year. He suffered a stroke on April 29, 2017 and passed away on October 1, 2017. He fought hard and lived well but in the end it was his time.
None. All of my time and energies were spent on dad’s care.
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L II (October)
- Holdfast leather double harness
It really is amazing what you can achieve when you set your mind to it. There is a lot I have accomplished that makes me wonder, “Why didn’t I do this sooner?” I plan to make 2018 the best year, I will focus on my company and my skills to keep them sharp. I will be proactive and improve my workflow so that I can ensure I deliver in a timely manner incorporating agile methodologies for delivery and iterations.
Plans for the future
- Still looking for that Tableau Certified Professional
- Build up my company
- Build up my photography portfolio
- Improve my fitness regime
- Get Agile/Scrum Certified